Striving To... We are always looking to do more, and do it better. We strive to make the community a better place to live, and on the same note we strive to make ourselves better people.
Achieve &... Achievement is a big part of our organization, and something we are very proud of. We have programs for youth of all ages.
Reach... How can you help? Get involved - Join Us. We are always looking for new members and ideas! Our programs are run entirely by volunteers and it is FREE to join.
Success!!! Everyone wants it, but it doesn't come easy. We all need to work for our own personal success...and we all have to work together for the community to maintain and improve it.
Striving To Achieve & Reach Success, Inc. (S.T.A.R.S.) is a non-profit grass-roots community youth organization. It consists entirely of caring and dedicated volunteers who endeavor to provide mutually rewarding activities and events for the youth in our neighborhoods. As adults and youth interact with one another, a natural increase in the quality of life occurs in our area. S.T.A.R.S. has been created to provide opportunities to enable youth to reach their full potential so that they may ultimately be greater assets to all of us. Encouraging, abilities of our youth certainly brings great rewards to our community.
Our Programs Include:
- Education & Career Building
- Helping Hands Program
- Multigenerational Programs
- Youth Leadership Program
- Community Service
- Recreation Programs
- Multicultural Programs
- And so much more...
Fast facts about us
In the short time S.T.A.R.S. has been in existence we have done the following:
- We're featured on the television show Construction Intervention, which provided a rebuild of our existing youth center, March 2010
- Expanded the youth center to a second floor, December 2002
- Received the Citicorp Community Award, October 2001
- Organized and built a community playground from scratch in Hamilton Beach, April 2001
- Won a KABOOM! playground grant, October 2000
- Had a luncheon with Derick Jeter of the New York Yankees, 2000
- Won 1st place in the 1999 Fleet All-Star Challenge, October 1999
- Became a Daily Point of Light Award Recipient, February 1999
- Youth Center moved to larger and current location, December 1998
- 1st Annual Showcase, July 1998
- 1st youth center officially opened, September 1997
- 1st Neighborhood Clean-Up Weekend, August 1997
- 1st Cheerleading Camp held, June 1996
- Got involved with renovation of Charles Park, May 1996
- 1st Fundraiser - Spring into Fashion Show, March 15, 1996
- 1st Event - Teen Dance in Tudor Park, September 16, 1995
- 1st participated in Nite Out Against Crime, August 1995